Cherry Blossom Inc., organizer of the Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile and 5K, is seeking a Programs and Administrative manager to assist in the execution of one of the Nation’s most iconic road races. The 10 Mile and 5K draw over 25,000 registrants for the event known world-wide as the “Runners Rite of Spring,” in Washington, DC. The new hire will be joining a dynamic (and fun) staff, a dedicated board and a hardworking 100 member volunteer race committee.
This full-time position located at the organization’s office in Bethesda, MD combines both program and administrative duties and offers a combination of in-office and at-home work.
• Completing and maintaining a Race Operations Manual.
• Overseeing the ordering and distribution of the race t-shirts each year.
• Managing the Packet Mail-Out Program each year.
• Overseeing and coordinating the activities of the race committee heads responsible for the following:
o Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Programs
o Race Training Programs
o Sustainability Efforts
o Merchandise Sales
• Organizing, and overseeing the conduct of Cherry Blossom, Inc., social events:
o the Fall Kickoff,
o the Volunteer Appreciation Party
o the July Committee Picnic
• Organizing and overseeing award programs:
o Les Kinion Award
o Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Hall of Fame
o and any other awards programs that may be developed
• Answer all emails from participants sent to email@example.com
• Maintaining Online Registration Database:
o Perform updates to online participant database including participant updates, changes, deletions, and refunds.
• Fulfillment of merchandise orders
• General office responsibilities including supply ordering, bank deposits, phone coverage and administrative support
• Participating in the development of the Annual Budget as a member of the Budget Committee.
• Attending and participating in Race Committee Meetings and Working Group Sessions held in-person or electronically
• Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Event Director, Deputy Director or the Board of Directors to ensure a high-quality, well executed event.
• Serving as an ex officio member of the Board of Directors
• A minimum of three-years experience working as a staff member or volunteer at a significant regional or national running event
• Well-versed in basic computer programs including Word, Excel and email. Experience with Access or another database program, social media and with web based applications are considered a plus.
• Solid writing and communications skills
• BA or more advanced educational degree
• Love of running
• Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $60,000-$70,000
• Participation in Retirement Program after 6 months
• Liberal Personal Time Off policy
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Application deadline is September 21, 2023
• Desired starting date is November 1, 2023 (with some flexibility)
• Please send a resume along with a cover letter outlining why you are qualified for this position or any questions you may have about the position by email to Phil Stewart, Event Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.