Posted Aug. 31, 2023
Job Title: Director of Operations
Reports to: Will Murdoch, Director of Events
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Who We Are:
Charm City Run is a running and walking specialty company consisting of 8 retail locations and an events and
training division. Founded in 2002, our mission is to inspire and move the human spirit one sole at a time. We love
this statement. It’s a lofty goal, but we have a humble and perhaps ignorant belief that we can do this every
day. Charm City Run Events produces over 110 endurance sporting events per year. Over 85,000 runners and
walkers cross a Charm City Run finish line every year. Charm City Run Training prepares over 2,200 people per
year for events from a 5K through an ultra-marathon. The Live. Give. Run. Foundation has donated over two
million dollars in 21 years and Charm City Run Events helps local non-profits raise over $500,000 a year for their
The Director of Operations is responsible for Charm City Run Events’ onsite activation at signature (CCR-owned)
and managed events, organizing and maintaining all Charm City Run Events equipment, and coordinating the
transportation of equipment to and from events. This individual will also coordinate the ordering, budgeting,
placement, and delivery of rental equipment, and create/update comprehensive operations guides critical to the
successful execution of events. This position is based in Cockeysville, MD and is not eligible for remote work.
• Secure and document all necessary permits (in coordination with the Events Manager), event timelines,
public safety plans, event design, and parking plans required in the planning and execution of an event.
• Prepare all pertinent documents and maps of areas of responsibility for permit submission to all government
entities, private parties, and contractors.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with third parties, public agencies, municipalities, and
State and Federal governments to produce the highest level events.
• Create vision and gameplan with the Events team to ensure events operate efficiently and live up to the
highest brand standard.
• Develop processes that contribute to the financial goals of the organization and manage established event
• Communicate with Director of Events to identify outstanding action items needed to produce the event,
and ensure the successful execution of said items.
• Manage event course and create site layout.
• Deploy on-course materials and personnel, including but not limited to course signage & markings, water
stations, and course marshals.