- 2022 Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series New Orleans offers distances for everyone including Half Marathon, 10K and 5K
|NEW ORLEANS, La.
(Jan. 31, 2022) – The 2022 Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series New Orleans returns to the Big Easy on Saturday, Feb. 5 and Sunday, Feb. 6. Race weekend kicks off on Friday, Feb. 4 with the Health & Fitness Expo at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center. On Saturday, Feb. 5 race day returns with the 5K and on Sunday, Feb. 6, the participants will take on the half marathon and 10K distances all starting and finishing at the University of New Orleans.
Elite runners from around the world will contest the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series New Orleans , Anne-Marie Blaney (USA), Megan O'Neil (USA) and Maura Tyrrell (USA) in the women’s field, and Wilkerson Given (USA), John Börjesson (SWE) and Mo'ath Alkhawaldeh (JOR), who most recently took the overall win at the 2021 Rock ‘n’ Roll Washington D.C. Half Marathon, in the men’s field.
Registration for limited media credentials to the upcoming 2022 Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series New Orleans
taking place Feb. 5-6 are now available. Media interested in covering the event must register at the link below by Friday, Feb. 4 at 2:00 p.m. CST
to be considered for media credentials.
CREDENTIAL REQUESTS ON RACE DAY WILL NOT BE APPROVED. Media who arrive on the day of race without proper registration, will not be provided credentials or access to race venues.
Please visit, www.runrocknroll.com/press/
to apply for credentials.
- Compelling human-interest stories can be found here
- A full start list of elite runners can be found here
- Friday, Feb. 4
- 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Health & Fitness Expo – New Orleans Morial Convention Center
- Media Credential pick up time and location will be coordinated upon approval of credentials. Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
- Saturday, Feb. 5 – Race Day
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Health & Fitness Expo – Phoenix Convention Center
- 7:40 a.m. – 5K - University of New Orleans
- Sunday, Feb. 6 – Race Day
- 7:40 a.m. – 10K Start – University of New Orleans
- 7:40 a.m. – Half Marathon Start – University of New Orleans
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Encore Entertainment – James Martin Band – University of New Orleans
*All times listed are in CST
What to Know:
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series has developed a series of comprehensive Safe Return to Running operating principles prepared in accordance with industry standards for open air participation sporting events including standards from World Health Organization (WHO) and guidance from the IRONMAN Group Global Medical Advisory Board. These Ready to Rock: Safe Return to Running Guidelines will empower everyone involved to focus on a safe return to running.
For more information about the 2022 Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series New Orleans, visit www.runrocknroll.com/new-orleans
. Media related inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series
The Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series is the world’s largest running series taking part in destination locations around the world every year. Established in 1998, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series simple idea of making running fun has transformed both the U.S. and global running landscape by infusing the course with live bands, cheer teams and entertaining water stations, creating a block-party atmosphere for participants and spectators alike. Focused on running, music and community, race weekend kicks off with a free Health & Fitness Expo showcasing the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health and nutritional information and much more. Events culminate with an entertaining finish-line festival featuring some of the biggest names in music, with past performances including Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, O.A.R. Aloe Blacc, Pitbull, Flo Rida, The Band Perry, Fitz and the Tantrums, the Goo Goo Dolls and Bret Michaels. Further information about the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series can be found online at www.RunRocknRoll.com
and follow @RunRocknRoll on all social platforms.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and gravel racing like Gravel Epic®, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com/about-ironman-group
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com