SAN JOSE, Calif.
(Sept. 29, 2021) – The 2021 United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series San Jose is set to make its return from October 2-3 in San Jose, California. Race weekend kicks off on Friday, Oct. 1 with the Health & Fitness Expo at Discovery Meadow. On Saturday, Oct. 2 athletes competing in the 5K in KiDS ROCK races will begin their Rock ‘n’ Roll journey, followed by the 10K and Half-Marathon events on Sunday, Oct. 3.
Registration for limited
media credentials to the upcoming 2021 United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series San Jose
taking place Saturday, Oct. 2 – Sunday, Oct. 3
are now available. Media interested in covering the event must register at the link below by Friday, Oct. 1 at 12:00 p.m. PT
to be considered for media credentials.
CREDENTIAL REQUESTS ON RACE DAY WILL NOT BE APPROVED. Media who arrive on the day of race without proper registration, will not be provided credentials or access to race venues.
Please visit, www.runrocknroll.com/press/
to apply for credentials.
- Compelling human-interest stories can be found here
- A full start list of elite runners can be found here
- Friday, Oct. 1
- 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Health & Fitness Expo – Discovery Meadow
- Media Credential pick-up time and location will be coordinated upon approval of credentials. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Saturday, Oct. 2
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Health & Fitness Expo – Discovery Meadow
- 7:30 a.m. – 5K Start – S. Market Street at W. San Carlos Street
- 9:00 a.m. – KiDS ROCK Start – S Market Street at Balbach Street
- Sunday, Oct. 3
- 8:00 a.m. – 10k Start – S. Market Street at Viola Ave.
- 8:00 a.m. – Half-Marathon – S. Market Street at Viola Ave.
- 11:15 a.m. – Encore Entertainment: – Plaza de Cesar Chavez Park
*All times listed are in PST
What to Know:
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series has developed a series of comprehensive Safe Return to Racing operating principles prepared in accordance with industry standards for open air participation sporting events including standards from World Health Organization (WHO) and guidance from the IRONMAN Group Global Medical Advisory Board. These Ready to Rock: Safe Return to Running Guidelines will empower everyone involved to focus on a safe return to running. These guidelines outline measures we will be taking to reduce risk for participants, volunteers, our team and communities. With attention to density reduction, touchpoint minimization, enhanced hygiene, screening and education, as well as self-awareness, we will continue to deliver a rockin’ participant experience with necessary adjustments so that our participants can race safely, race smart, race their best.
- Enhanced Hygiene: Hand sanitizer, hand washing stations and disinfectant wipes will be readily available around the event venues. Cleaning of common venue areas will be enhanced. Disposable gloves will be used in applicable areas.
- Screening and Education: Appropriate personal health, personal hygiene and safe support educational material will be provided for staff and volunteers in necessary functional areas. This includes Volunteer Smart™ guidelines for volunteers. Participants, staff and volunteers will be required to acknowledge a pre-event health questionnaire before entering designated venues, including areas such as packet pickup and the Health and Fitness Expo.
- Touchpoint Minimization: Touchpoints and points of interaction between staff, participants, and volunteers will be reduced or removed without compromising event safety and security. The redesigned and reimagined packet pickup, expo, start line, and finish line will minimize person-to-person contact, and race course zones such as aid stations will include more space for participants to minimize both participant-to-volunteer and participant-to-participant touchpoints.
- Rockstar Run Smart™ Participant Support: Introduction of the ‘Return to Running Pledge,’ will emphasize participant responsibility for competitive cooperation, and consideration of our community while participating. Participants will be empowered to determine their individual level of self-reliance to further minimize interaction and touchpoints with other participants, volunteers, or staff. While plenty of aid stations will still be present along the course, participants will be encouraged to carry nutrition and hydration by utilizing items such as hydration vests and belts. Participants should review and embrace the Rockstar Run Smart™ Running Tips.
- Density Reduction: Certain measures will be instituted to increase space for participants and supporting personnel in areas such as expo, packet pickup and finish line. Alternative start configurations may be implemented to reduce the number of participants waiting in an enclosed area and to optimize distancing opportunities. Modification of non-essential race services and functions, such as post-race experiences may also occur.
For more information about the 2021 United Airlines Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series San Jose, visit www.runrocknroll.com/san-jose
. Media related inquiries may be directed to email@example.com
About Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series
The Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series is the world’s largest running series taking part in destination locations around the world every year. Established in 1998, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series simple idea of making running fun has transformed both the U.S. and global running landscape by infusing the course with live bands, cheer teams and entertaining water stations, creating a block-party atmosphere for participants and spectators alike. Focused on running, music and community, race weekend kicks off with a free Health & Fitness Expo showcasing the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health and nutritional information and much more. Events culminate with an entertaining finish-line festival featuring some of the biggest names in music, with past performances including Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, O.A.R. Aloe Blacc, Pitbull, Flo Rida, The Band Perry, Fitz and the Tantrums, the Goo Goo Dolls and Bret Michaels. Further information about the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series can be found online at www.RunRocknRoll.com
and follow @RunRocknRoll on all social platforms.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and gravel racing like Gravel Epic®, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com/about-ironman-group
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com