Team BolderBOULDER is the owner and organizer of the BolderBOULDER Memorial Day 10K Classic named America’s All-Time Best 10K by Runner’s World. This race attracts over 50,000 runners, joggers, walkers, and wheelchair racers, and draws professional athletes from around the world to compete for one of the largest non-marathon prize purses in road racing. This team also organizers the ColderBOLDER 5K on December 2, 2017 at the University of Colorado and new to 2017, the inaugural FORTitude 10K in Fort Collins, CO finishing at the newly constructed Sonny Lubick Field at CSU Stadium on Labor Day, September 4, 2017.
BolderBOULDER, FORTitude 10K, and ColderBOLDER races in Colorado, are seeking a Director of Sales & Sponsorships as an integral member of our Leadership Team.
The Director of Sales & Sponsorships works directly with the Race Director to establish short-term and long-term sponsor revenue goals, sponsor operational plans and objectives, and has the ultimate responsibility for execution and results.
This position requires strong leadership qualities to work internally with colleagues and externally with sponsors and agencies to evaluate sponsor partnership relationships and to work in conjunction with the Race’s leadership team to foster and grow long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
This person will be a key member of the leadership team to collaborate with the team and organization, providing leadership and creative problem solving.
It is a highly visible, leadership position requiring a broad range of leadership skills, including sound and decisive judgment, patience, collaboration, and professionalism.
Key responsibilities are built upon the intersection of our three races’ brand strategy and sponsor’s objectives, to deliver a first-class experience to sponsors, at times in a high paced, fluid environment.
This full-time, year-round, exempt, mainly office position is located at our headquarters office in Boulder, Colorado. Some US Travel necessary when working with large corporate sponsors with headquarters outside of Colorado. Compensation is base plus escalating commissions with no cap. Includes strong benefit and vacation package.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead the implementation of the Race’s overall sponsor/partnership strategy.
- Maintain and grow current sponsorships while developing new long-term sponsors. Sales cycles range from 3-12 months.
- Continual research to identify and recruit prospective sponsors.
- Design, develop, and present professional and creative sponsorship proposals and post event materials.
- Cultivate professional and personal relationships with sponsor contacts and leadership.
- Oversight of fulfillment of all elements of sponsorship agreements.
- Review and analyze existing sponsor relationships to determine strategies to develop expanded opportunities.
- Manage all financial aspects of sponsor relationships, to include assisting Race Director with the budgeting process, tracking sponsorship payment obligations, and conducting financial analysis of current sponsors.
- Constantly be alert for opportunities to provide more to the sponsor.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has ten plus years of experience with a proven record of accomplishment managing end-to-end sales process for closing high value, multi-year partnerships within the national sports marketplace.
- Is comfortable working on and executing both large and small sponsorship packages.
- Enjoys working in a small company where their efforts are greatly valued and appreciated.
- Wants to be part of a strong, energetic team.
- Is a highly motivated salesperson that can work independently without supervision.
To confidentially express interest in our Director of Sales & Sponsorship position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.