Director of Marketing Communications
Conqur Endurance Group (“Conqur”), a subsidiary of McCourt Global, is a global endurance brand that channels the vibrancy of Los Angeles into experiences for individuals and communities to exceed extraordinary limits. The Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, held each March, is among the largest marathons in the United States with more than 25,000 participants, thousands of volunteers, and hundreds of thousands of spectators. In addition to the marquee event, Conqur produces the Pasadena Half Marathon & 5K at the Rose Bowl in January, the LA BIG 5K in March, and Santa Monica Classic 5K/10K in September.
Position reports to Vice President, Brand Strategy and Marketing.
Position resides in the Marketing Department and is integral to the team. This hands-on position is responsible for the implementation of the Conqur marketing and communications plan and initiatives for all events and properties within the Conqur event portfolio. This individual is responsible for raising awareness of, and driving participation in all Conqur events through creative marketing initiatives and collaboration with a variety of partners.
This position will serve as a liaison between Conqur, external clients/vendors/suppliers and the internal teams, Finance, Charity and Community Relations, Operations and Sales and is expected to forge strategic partnerships with endemic brands, technology platforms and personalities to strengthen the brand and its properties. This individual is expected to create, manage and direct marketing campaigns to drive registration numbers for each of Conqur’s properties while hitting budget and ROI expectations.
Major Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop and implement marketing plan across a variety of media platforms incl. promotions, advertising, social media, creative collaterals, direct and interactive on and offline marketing and activations designed to create awareness and interest in participation in Conqur events to include initiatives designed to increase athlete retention and referrals
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, plan and campaign resources in areas of registration sales, partnerships (including charities), public and community relations
- Manage event participation budgets and achieve event participation and revenue goals by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising and promotional programs and initiatives
- Responsible for continued development and maintenance of company websites and marathon App
- Develop and manage social media activities
- Manage PR messages and initiatives to create synergy between bought and earned media
- Manage digital marketing asset creation, delivery and execution
- Supervise and manage the development and creation of a host of branded assets such as ads, videos, photos, collateral, event on-site signage, online content, posters and event participation t-shirts, medals, ensuring consistent brand imagery and best customer brand experience
- Execute marketing, digital media, communication, and communications plans for all strategic partnerships
- Analyze and optimize campaign performance through continual measurements to maximize ROI
- Manage vendor relations and fulfillment of all Conqur creative needs as well as partner deliverables
- Create and manage an asset calendar to meet all public relations and marketing milestones
- Lead and direct Conqur Ambassadors’ activities and promotional efforts by these influencers
- Develop and manage data and ability to conduct market research and analysis to develop post-event reports as well as other market intelligence to assess industry trends and support new initiatives
- Manage Customer Experience Coordinator and a seasonal intern
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
- At least 6 years of progressive marketing management experience and track record of successfully planning & implementing traditional and digital marketing campaigns
- Event/vendor management experience
- Current and extensive experience with all social media platforms
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and database management
- Knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration, communication, and customer focus
- Knowledge of, and interest in running/endurance sports a plus
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours as needed
- Fostering Teamwork: The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; interest, skill, and success in getting groups to work together cooperatively.
- Communication: Must have great communication skills. Tailors the content of their communications to the level and experience of the audience.
- Results Orientation: Prioritizes projects to meet required deadlines; ability to manage several projects at once focusing on the desired end result of one’s own and one’s unit’s work.
- Thoroughness: Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Initiative: An innovative, energetic and self-motivated attitude. Identifies what needs to be done and does it before being asked to or required by the situation. Does more than what is normally required in a situation. Takes independent action to change the direction of events.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Forward Thinking: Notices trends in the industry or marketplace and develops plans to prepare for opportunities or problems.
- Stress Management: Is a master multi-tasker and problem solver who can prioritize matters while delivering high level results. Remains calm under pressure.
- Demeanor: Must have ability to (re)present Conqur professionally as it relates to conduct, behavior and appearance/attire.
- Collaboration: Develops, maintains, and strengthens collaborative relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Results Orientation: Prioritizes projects to meet required deadlines. Carefully manages several projects at once, focusing on the desired end result of one’s work.
- Flexibility: Open to different and new ways of doing things; willing to modify one’s preferred way of doing things. Adaptable to the changing nature of the business.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes with salary requirements will be considered. Please, no phone calls.